Workers Compensation Lost Time Adjuster
Our Claims department is seeking a Workers Compensation Lost Time Adjuster to join our growing team in the Sacramento, CA area.
Responsible for the investigation, negotiation and resolution of claims in accordance with policy provisions, best practices and jurisdictional requirements. Includes the input of claim data and guiding insureds and claimants through the claim process and options.
This is a Full-time/Non-Exempt.
- Must have or secure and maintain appropriate states adjuster license(s) and continuing education credits.
- Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in claim handling
- Possesses functional knowledge and skills reflective of fully competent practitioner.
- Identifies possibly suspicious claims
- Investigates, analyzes, evaluates and negotiates personal and/or commercial lines claims of minimal to moderate complexity.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of each claim, including informal hearings and small claims litigation and maintaining a high level of productivity, confidentiality and customer service.
- Implement and coordinate the most effective management techniques to mitigate loss and expense payments.
- Settlement and reserving authority levels are moderate.
- Take recorded statements
- Work with the Special Investigations Unit to resolve and negotiate settlement
- May be required to have and maintain sufficient home based internet connection.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Typically has 1 - 3 years of experience
- Possesses strong customer service skills and behaviors
- Makes decisions in an informed, confident and timely manner
- Maintains constructive working relationships despite differing perspectives
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups. Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills. Promotes and facilitates free and open communication.
- Understanding of applicable statutes, regulations and case law
- Thinks critically and anticipates, recognizes, identifies and develops solutions to problems in a timely manner.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations, requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Operates with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Computer experience (MS Office, excel, word, etc)
- Proficient using Claims systems (i.e. CSS, PMS, etc.)
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Sacramento, CA, USA