Vice President of Property Underwriting
Our Corporate Underwriting department is seeking a Vice President of Property Underwriting to join our growing Corporate Underwriting team.
This position is responsible for the development of the Property Underwriting strategy and executing on that plan to support the Core Commercial and Specialty businesses. The VP would report directly to the Chief Underwriting Officer. The successful candidate will have proven ability to align and influence internal and external stakeholders, is an effective communicator, can build commitment, and is able to execute. Key attributes for the role include leadership, collaboration, presence, vision and broad insurance knowledge.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Formulating and executing strategic plans to support the Commercial Lines businesses in achieving their goals of attracting, retaining, and growing profitable business across our Property book of business.
- Reviews the performance of the commercial property line and recommend portfolio management and pricing initiatives
- Identify value-add opportunities to support our traditional product offerings. Partner with the Innovation team to deliver value-add offerings.
- Enhance effectiveness of underwriting organization
- Build and maintain a collaborative working relationship across all of Commercial Lines areas and proactively share information to ensure successful business outcomes.
- Presents to our Senior Executives on the performance of the line as well as external industry developments.
- Represents the Hanover on select Industry Panels, influencing direction and outcomes of those panels.
Key Measures of Success (should align with goals):
- Is an ambassador and role model of the Hanover CARE values (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect and Empowerment).
- Champion new ideas and initiatives.
- Typically has 15 years + years of relevant insurance experience with demonstrated success in sales and leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytic skills with demonstrated track record in execution.
- Ability to build relationships, internally and externally.
- Ability to influence clients, peers and senior executives.
- Ability to manage complex insurance relationships.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Family Underwriter
- Job Function Underwriting
- Pay Type Salary
- Worcester, MA, USA