Product Manager, General Liability
Our Product Department is seeking a Product Manager to join our team in our Worcester, MA offices.
Our Commercial Lines Product Management Department is seeking a Commercial Product Manager to specialize in General Liability lines of Business.
Product Managers are responsible for multiple projects and accountable for reporting on and delivering progress within Line of Business/Product functions.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
- Responsible for supporting and managing the full Product Development Life Cycle of the General Liability Product Line of Business including concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, Product Architecture, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Responsible for varying complexity Form Drafting/Product Development in line with the construct of the Product Architecture.
- Develops solutions and action plans to address opportunities related to projects and products with guidance from Managing Director.
- Participates in the delivery of strategic products and projects including structuring the project, planning the project scope, resources and budget; assess risk and issues; reporting status and working to limit/control change through firm upfront research and solid Product strategy.
- Responsible for executing on the development of short and long term Product strategies within the General Liability Line of Business with supervision of Managing Director.
- Contributes to the pricing strategy with leadership input, Product positioning and distribution strategy per each appropriate market and industry in collaboration with Marketing and Sales to develop clear and concise Product messaging and Sales tactics.
- Proactively research, provide analysis and recommendations for implementation of new Product ideas. Contributes to the evaluation of the competitive landscape to ensure sustainability of existing Products and makes Product recommendations to improve competitiveness.
- Maintains awareness of regulatory and compliance issues related to our marketplace. Drives decision making on low complexity regulatory issues and collaborates with leader on medium to high complexity issues.
- Act as a Product expert and maintain a thorough knowledge of company Product features and benefits as well as industry Product trends within the General Liability Line of Business. Provide Product expertise to various internal areas.
- Assists in developing and delivery of information for training and Product promotion to internal and external audiences. Provides specialized Product training on new Products and features with Managing Director guidance and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Subject matter expertise.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Influencing and Decision-Making Skills.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical skills.
- High level of strategic thinking.
- Excellent Project Management skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-8 years of Product Management experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.
- Job Function Product Management
- Pay Type Salary
- Windsor, CT, USA
- Worcester, MA, USA