Store Manager_NE-NSC_Family Store-402
Store Manager-NE_NSC-Thrift Store Department-402
*Job Summary: Plans, administers, monitors, and evaluates the day to day operations of a family store with a limited staff ensuring compliance
with established policies and procedures; assist in preparing and maintaining the store budget, processes, displays, and prices donated items to
ensure a reasonable financial return on the sale of store items; assists customers in a polite and friendly manner; prepares store displays that are
attractive, neat, and orderly; rotates and re stocks store merchanides to ensure quick turnover; ensures the accountability and security of all store
items and funds. May serve as a lead worker to volunteers, beneficiaries, and/or subordinate store personnel.
* Be well versed in, and ensure compliance to, Guide to Family Store & Donation Centers Operations manual and all other Salvation Army
policies and procedure manuals including verbal and written warnings.
* Supervises and participates in the receiving, sorting, pricing, and distribution of donated items in the warehouse; ensures that items are
processed in a timely manner and in compliance with established polices and procedures.
* Schedules donation pick-ups; ensures the accountability of all donated items; ensures donations are collected in compliance with
policies and procedures.
* Assists customers purchasing items from The Salvation Army by ringing up sales using a cash register; collects monies, counts change
and prepares receipts; prepares and packages purchased items; prepares and balances the cash drawer and runs routine register print outs
prepares and delivers bank deposits; ensures the security an daccountability of all cash register funds and sales records in accordance with
* Prepares, processes and maintains various sales records, tax forms, and social service vouchers; prepares routine sales reports as directed.
* Maintains the neatness, cleanliness and security of the store.
* Provides training, direction and supervision for new employees and unpaid staff along with retraining personnel as needed.
* Answers the store telephone in a tactful and courteous manner; assists customers by responding to questions and providing directions
and/or general information; may schedule and record donation pick ups.
* Opens and/or closes store doors in accordance with the store schedule.
* Maintains inventory of supplies and equipment
* Attends manager meetings and keep store personnel informed of new policies and directives.
* Performs other related work as required.
* General office equipment, Computer, Cash Register, Price Gun, Calculator
* High school diploma or GED and 2 years progressively responsible experience working in a retail store environment with at least 1 year
experience in sa supervisory capacity, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge,
skills, and abilities.
* Ability to meet attendance requirements.
Ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
Confident in using math skills to ensure the understanding of budgeting.
Ability to perform frequent walking and/or standing, kneeling, or squatting relieved by lesser periods of sitting or operating a vehicle.
** Must have a valid drivers license - MVR report
**All employees recognize that The Salvation Army is a church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army
to undermine its religious mission.
- Job Family NSC-NON-EXEMPT
- Job Function Store
- Pay Type Hourly
- 3079 Bashor Rd, Conway, SC 29526, USA