Seasonal General Winery Worker
SEASONAL POSITIONS ONLY. Under limited supervision, this position performs general winery work, including; hooking grape trucks; sanitizing tanks, hoses, and pipelines; assisting other personnel; general cleaning and other winery related tasks. May work with corrosive chemicals, and at heights up to 50ft.
- Ability to work any shift, plus overtime as required by the company.
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision, which includes the ability to use independent judgment regarding work tasks.
- Ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directives. The employee must be able to read and understand verbal and written English.
- Ability to train another worker in routine work responsibilities of the job.
- Ability to perform repetitive lifting of weights up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting, such as sweeping, scooping up debris, pulling weeds, using a shovel, using water hoses for wash-down of grounds or buildings, using painting equipment, power washer, all general housekeeping and cleaning tasks, including paint equipment.
- Ability to work at heights up to 50 feet.
- Ability to work outside and subject to current weather conditions.
- Ability to maintain cooperative relations with co-workers and management. Must have an excellent safety record, attendance record and work performance record.
- Ability to remain alert and to operate all machinery and equipment and perform job tasks in a safe and efficient manner to prevent injury to the employee and himself/herself and others in the employee’s work area.
- Will perform other essential job functions as required.l
- Must be 21 or older at time of hire
At The Wine Group, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to an environment of mutual respect, diversity and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Winery Operations
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- The Wine Group, 17000 E. Highway 120, Ripon, California, United States of America