Under general supervision, manages the preparation and maintenance of all payrolls, payroll distribution, and preparation of all related tax returns and payments. Maintains overall company payroll records and controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and schedules all activities within the Payroll department to assure complete, accurate, and timely processing of payrolls.
- Inclusively reconciliations and audits summaries of weekly payroll registers and related support documents are completed.
- Manages department staff in the administration, interpretation, and application of corporate policies and procedures and training staff on tasks and functions as necessary.
- Assures payment of all federal, state, and local tax liabilities by the due dates prescribed by each taxing authority.
- Coordinates the preparation and filing of payroll tax returns for all applicable taxing authorities by the required due dates.
- Monitors and reviews reporting and payment of various non-regulatory payroll withholdings such as garnishments, 401(k) contributions, etc. for timeliness and accuracy.
- Reviews and balances annual payroll expenses and liabilities and preparing the appropriate schedules and reconciliations.
- Prepares and administers annual tax calendars, payroll processing schedules and prepares various monthly management reports.
- Assists with ADP system enhancements and maintenance testing.
- Maintains control transaction files and system tables for system processing.
- Maintains audit control listing of all manual deposited checks.
- Responds to various inquiries from management, employees, and regulatory or legal agencies.
- Assists with annual calculation of PTO hours available.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Education, License or Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years experience in Payroll
- 2+ years supervisory experience
- Experience using Ceridian preferred
- Job Function Supervisor
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- St. Louis, MO, USA