Fleet Safety Liaison
Fleet Safety Liaison
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
The Fleet Safety Liaison ensures compliance with all company safety policies and procedures and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSRs), is responsible for assessment of fines for violations listed in the Progressive Disciplinary Program and problem-solving agency/van operator performance issues, and provides quality service to agents and van operators in the safety area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- and complies with FMCSRs and UniGroup corporate safety policies.
- Possesses knowledge of the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) commercial motor vehicle/driver Out-of-Service requirements.
- Possesses knowledge of ELD products and related federal regulations.
- Supports UniGroup Safety progressive discipline policies by identifying and assisting van operators and agents that have safety infractions due to unsafe driving, accidents, unqualified usage, late, falsified or improperly completed daily logs, hours-of-service violations, vehicle maintenance and driver fitness.
- Conducts counsel calls and interventions with van operators and Agency Safety Representatives (ASRs) to educate and change behaviors to limit future violations of the FMCSRs.
- Reviews Carrier Profile for safety violations documented at roadside inspections; processes updates and corrections as needed through FMCSA rebuttal system.
- Monitors programs to improve compliance and safety performance
- Coordinates accident reporting information for Insurance, Claims, Operations and Legal.
- Investigates unsafe driving complaints and takes appropriate follow-up action.
- Communicates with ELD vendor to resolve issues and concerns related to device and portal.
- Communicates with agents the importance of the FMCSA’s CSA initiative to ensure compliance and works with them to improve their SPR through positive reinforcement
- Follows all ISO, environmental and sustainability policies.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Education, License, or Certification: Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Transportation, Communications, or equivalent experience desired.
- Experience: 3 - 5 years’ experience in the transportation industry or related field.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required No
- Fenton, MO, USA