Cargo Claims Adjuster I
Cargo Claims Adjuster I
At UniGroup, it’s more than just a job: UniGroup employees get the opportunity to learn about our industry-leading organization from the inside – witnessing firsthand our dedication to our people and our passion for serving others. They have chances to make connections and build long-lasting relationships with UniGroup professionals and experience the professional world in an organization recognized for customer experience, quality, innovation and safety. Most of all, UniGroup employees get to #LOVEWHEREYOUWORK.
UniGroup offers employees many different career paths, from supply chain and logistics to finance and accounting to technology and innovation (and marketing, sales, HR, safety and legal in between), and prides itself on being more than a place to work – it’s a home to build a career. UniGroup understands the key to any company’s long-term success is its people, and we strive to empower, develop and support every employee, giving each one the resources and tools to thrive….and the extra perks sweeten the deal. Think on-campus fitness centers, food trucks, employee appreciation and family events, volunteer programs and tuition assistance in a collaborative, friendly and casual work environment.
Under general supervision, the Cargo Claims Adjuster I audits and allocates Agent Claim Settlement cargo loss or damage claims submitted by agents for reimbursement, and performs other claims adjusting functions and projects for the Cargo Claims department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates agent-submitted household goods and non-household goods claims for all lines of business.
- Determines if claims meet the Agent Claim Settlement criteria. Interprets claims policies and procedures.
- Evaluates claims for reasonableness, accuracy, liability, and compliance with federal regulations, operating tariffs, contract provisions, claims policies, and standard claim practices and procedures.
- Investigates and gathers information necessary to allocate settlement to the responsible parties.
- Reimburses agents within designated time frame for settlement costs and applicable fees.
- Provides detailed explanations to agents of any non-reimbursable costs.
- Prepares various reports related to the Agent Claim Settlement Program, as required.
- Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
- Job Function Non-Exempt
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fenton, MO, USA