Operations SPED- Monitor
Have Experience? Earn up to $15.20/hr. to start *
Now hiring dynamic individuals that have a passion to partner with our special needs clients and the communities we serve.
- Paid classroom and on-the-job training
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Start and end your day at home (with pay) – You get picked up
- $20.00/hr. Weekend & Holiday Rate
Come join our team of well-trained professional 7D van drivers!!!
Serving special needs students is all we do. It’s all we’ve ever done.
*$15.20/hr. is with 1-year 7D or Yellow Bus monitoring experience and perfect attendance for the pay week ($14.40 base + $0.80/hr. perfect attendance = $15.20/hr.).
No experience – no problem:
- starting pay is $14.00/hr. base + $0.40/hr. perfect attendance = $14.40/hr.
- after 6 months, $14.20/hr. base + $0.60/hr. perfect attendance = $14.80/hr.
- after 1 year, $14.40/hr. base + $0.80/hr. perfect attendance = $15.20/hr.
Monitor Job Description
Van Pool Transportation is dedicated to providing a superior level of special transportation services to our schools, students and communities. Critical to our success is the performance of our drivers and monitors. This job description summarizes some of the duties and responsibilities our drivers and monitors are expected to fulfill. You may be needed to perform other duties and responsibilities as the situation dictates or as assigned by your supervisor.
Essential Job Duties
- Safely assist students as needed. This includes helping them enter and exit the vehicle, using the vehicle’s lap and shoulder belts, and safely securing them in car seats and booster seats. Lifting may be required.
- Monitor student behavior to provide appropriate guidance, feedback, and direction when necessary. • Report unsafe and inappropriate student behavior to management; follow directions and implement corrective steps as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and clearly in (English) with students, parents, teachers, and Van Pool staff.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills while using Van Pool’s two-way radio system.
- Must have the physical capability to safely install car seats and booster seats.
- Must comply with all policies and procedures as identified in the Employee Handbook, Company training sessions, and bi-weekly newsletters.
- Must be available for both morning (5:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.) and afternoon (1:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.) routes.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions and instructions from supervisors.
- Must demonstrate a willingness to work effectively with school age children with special needs.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license or ID.
- Must pass CORI, SORI, and fingerprint tests and random drug screenings.
- Be able to perform First Aid and CPR during training and during an actual emergency.
- Be able to enter and exit the vehicle routinely, safely, and without difficulty.
- Be able to remove snow and ice from the vehicle during the winter weather.
- Be able to complete a pre and post trip vehicle inspection.
- Be able to enter and exit the vehicle multiple times in order to conduct a thorough inspection for student safety.
- Be able to assist students on and off the van in the case of an emergency. Lifting may be required.
- Must be able to position wheelchairs and safely install and secure wheelchair restraints.
- Must be able to manually operate the wheelchair lift when necessary.
In 1986, Van Pool was founded with the idea of partnering with school districts to provide superior service and expertise in transporting special needs students to and from educational settings. Since that time we’ve steadily grown by providing best in class service to become the leader in providing special needs transportation services in Massachusetts. We currently serve over 100 school districts and 5,000 students daily from seven locations across Massachusetts.
Van Pool has built its reputation upon doing “Whatever It Takes” to ensure that the safety and individual requirements of our students are met each and every day.
Van Pool is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Duxbury, MA, USA