We’re looking for amazing people! Come join Virginia Housing as a Controller.
This important role will lead the Accounting Department and ensure Virginia Housing’s multi-billion-dollar financial activity is properly and accurately reported in accordance with GAAP, GASB and any federal grant award compliance requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the accounting teams to ensure all accounting transactions are prepared timely and correctly. (Transactions and activity that include Homeownership and Rental Housing loan acquisition and servicing to accounts payable and budgeting);
- Reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements;
- Review and preparation of the annual budget;
- Overseeing the accounting systems and databases;
- Preforming financial analytics on account transactions and balances;
- Implementing and maintaining internal department controls.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting;
- Many years broad experience in accounting which includes the preparation of financial statements and the management of accounting staff;
- Excellent written and oral communication, technical accounting and computer skills required.
Preferred experience includes:
- Active CPA certification;
- Working knowledge and familiarity with GP-Dynamics Accounting Software;
- Mortgage Industry Lending or Loan Servicing experience is helpful.
Virginia Housing is one of the nation’s premier housing finance organizations. Our mission is to help Virginians attain quality, affordable housing, which we accomplish through our public-private partnerships.
We are focused on employee engagement and committed to a healthy and diverse workforce. We offer on-site conveniences such as a cafeteria, fitness center, and free parking. Educational opportunities to help your advancement are available through classroom and online programs.
Applications and resumes are accepted online only at: http://www.virginiahousing.com/careers.
This position will remain open until filled.
Hiring Range: $140,646 - $182,837
Background and credit checks will be performed as a condition of employment.
- EOE -
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $140,646.00
- Max Hiring Rate $182,837.00
- Richmond, VA, USA