Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports our facilities in Energy Management system implementation and metering upgrade for Vicinity's facilities.
- Review plant processes and identify saving/optimization energy opportunities.
- Find associated metering requirements whether using existing and additional measurements.
- Consider investment with quick return to improve performance of equipment and plant.
- Design of the Application interface used by the Energy facilities to track and optimize their efficiency.
- Work with facility managers and the technical team to build and improve the interfaces to maximize the value of operational data and make it a decisional tool.
- Review Steam, Chilled Water and Cogen systems Efficiency calculations.
- Develop best practices and templates to calculate the efficiency of steam, Chilled Water and Cogeneration systems. Templates to be applied to Equipment, Plant, and Internal energy usage and provide dispatch recommendations.
- Define specific target calculation for each system in order to monitor deviation between actual energy usage and best practice.
- Calculate cost opportunities based on the deviation between Actual and Target efficiencies.
- Define and manage the Continuous Energy Monitoring process.
- This process consists of regular communication and site visits in order to provide continuous improvements of calculations, tracking, modeling of target data. Also work with the facility to investigate deviations and provide recommendations to the site manager.
- Develop and Review bi-weekly reports with the facilities. Manage Alarms and remediation with facility. The bi-weekly reports are distributed to the site personnel as well as area managers. The goal of the report is to provide a quick check of the system technical performance and provide some level of recommendations in case deviations are detected.
- Support the monthly report that provides a consolidated view of all system being monitored.
- Organize Quarterly Energy System audits with actuals and targets data are reviewed.
- Organize weekly meeting across Operations and technical support teams
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of Industrial Utility experience focused on efficiency, tracking, and improvements
- Team and process management
- Experience with data review and historical analysis in Excel
- Proficient in thermal modeling and calculations for boilers, chillers and other combustion equipment
- Knowledge of data extraction from PI a plus
- Ability to lead a project across the US and various facilities
Admit to Company required alcohol and drug screening program
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Climb ladders and in and out of boiler drums
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA