The Maintenance Mechanic will work on maintenance projects and in plant operations systems and equipment and will directly execute maintenance work.
- Install, repair, and troubleshoot meters, pneumatic and electric controls equipment and distribution equipment including piping, valves, traps, and expansion joints.
- Perform inspections and preventive maintenance on distribution systems
Required Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 or more years of experience in: pipe fitting, pipeline repair/maintenance, valve/expansion joint/trap repair/maintenance, and/or steam plant maintenance of high-pressure power boilers, combustion turbines, or steam turbines
- Demonstrated leadership and full proficiency in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of Pressure Reducing Stations, building heating systems, domestic hot water systems and associated controls
- Demonstrated leadership and full proficiency in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of steam distribution system related equipment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with the customers and completing routine paperwork
- Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, including air handlers and steam coils
- Valid driver license and insurable by Company’s vehicle insurance carrier
- Ability to overtime and on-call maintenance responsibility
Note: The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver an 80-lb load.
- Ability to tolerate confined spaces, including manholes, and varying temperatures and weather conditions
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 80 pounds
- Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and hear portable radio communication
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Washington, DC, USA