Install, repair, troubleshoot, control, and maintain chillers, steam turbines, HP boilers, valves, traps, expansion joints, piping systems, auxiliary equipment, and distribution systems for local and remote facilities. Verify all equipment systems, pressure and temperatures are operating and maintained within limitations for the intended purpose.
- Perform chemical analysis on boiler water samples as required.
- Operate and regenerate cold-water zeolites to produce water for boiler operation.
- Maintain logs of the various aspects of the plant’s operation as required.
- Monitor equipment, identify problem areas, and develop problem resolution for equipment failures and out of ordinary conditions. Performs trouble shooting, prepares work permits and work orders.
- Performs inspections, predictive and preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment including maintenance on valves, pumps, turbines, chiller, distribution system equipment etc.
- Provide on the job training to new employees.
- Communicate timely and relevant information to management, direct reports and others as situations necessitate.
- Ensure task completion, operation efficiency and reliability for unit and corporate goals attainment.
- Lock out equipment for maintenance, unlocks equipment and tests equipment after completion of repair following established Lock Out/Tag Out Permit Procedures.
- Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the plant and equipment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Perform any other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in pipe fitting along with steam plant maintenance of boilers, turbines, pumps, valves, and traps.
- Technical trade school training is preferred.
- Ability to weld and pass site welding exam is preferred but not required.
- Ability to use computer and calculator.
- Boiler or power plant experience preferred.
- Chiller / chilled water system experience preferred.
- Will be required to obtain a Kansas City Operating Engineers License.
- This position will be expected to complete systems training and control room operator training program including written testing and practical testing.
- Standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking on uneven surfaces, and grating, working from elevated platforms, scaffolding or ladders, required to lift 50 pounds and maneuver 100 pounds.
- Ability to meet highest punctuality and attendance requirements.
- Must submit to a company provided physical and drug screening.
- Must qualify to wear a respirator.
- Ability to tolerate confined spaces, including manholes and varying temperatures and weather conditions.
- Exposed to temperature extremes, high noise level areas, high pressure steam lines, rotating equipment, and dusty/dirty environment.
- Required to wear PPE such as hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection and other protective gear as required.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Kansas City, MO, USA