Working at Vicinity Energy, a rapidly growing District Energy Company, representing approximately $400 million in annual revenues, the Tax Director will be responsible for all tax compliance and tax planning matters for 13 District Energy systems located in 10 U.S. cities. This position will work closely with the Controller, to establish provisions required to be used in the preparation of the monthly financial statements. In addition, this position be responsible for the oversight and completion of federal and state income tax returns, property and real estate compliance, and sales and use tax reporting. The ideal candidate will be “hands on” and detail oriented. The candidate must be proficient with ERP and tax software systems and be an expert in Excel and data manipulation. Strong management, communication, and organizational skills are essential to succeeding in this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead all tax compliance and reporting for 13 District Energy systems and O&M contracts in 10 U.S. cities
- Lead the completion of federal state income tax returns including all related analysis and support.
- Lead accounting for income taxes for the Company on a quarterly and annual basis, including related financial statement presentation and footnotes.
- Direct tax planning initiatives to support and align with the Company strategy.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of U.S. Tax Reform.
- Oversee and manage taxing authority audits
- Assist Controller with monthly and quarterly reporting requirements.
- Ensure significant are properly researched and documented, including uncertain tax positions.
- Manage and participate in reviews of ongoing business activities and proposed transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences and opportunities, with emphasis on tax efficiency and compliance with tax and legal requirements.
- Assist the Controller in estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes, including technical analysis of tax implications to ensure forecast and provisions are correctly stated.
- Partner and manage the relationship with external tax advisors.
- Responsible for sales and use and property tax functions and business licensing.
- Responsible for property and real estate tax filings and compliance
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Tax, and related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred
- 10 years progressive experience in tax role
- 5+ Years in public accounting
- Proven track record of managing Teams
- Strong expertise in tax software and data manipulation via Excel
- Strong knowledge of reporting requirements in US GAAP
- Experience supporting senior level operational managers
- A high level of analytical and strategic ability is required.
- Proficiency in the use financial systems
- Superior use of Excel to consolidate, present and analyze financial information.
- Ability to manage many complex projects simultaneously and contribute productively in a team environment.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the company in English.
- All candidates must complete drug and background testing as part of the pre-employment process.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Salary
- Boston, MA, USA