Operations and Maintenance Mechanic
This position reports to the Operations and Maintenance Manager/Supervisor in Trenton, N.J.
1. Responsible for interfacing with Operations & Maintenance Manager and Operations & Maintenance Supervisor to receive direction on assignments and coordinate activities between the departments.
2. Works under general supervision as a member of the Maintenance Department to affect repairs, removal and installation of equipment and components, and preventive and corrective maintenance activities to maintain plant equipment in optimal working condition.
3. Will assist with plant and district operations and perform required maintenance tasks.
4. Operate and maintain equipment in a cogeneration facility and customer boiler facilities.
5. Experience in industrial operations and maintenance experience with boilers, chillers, engines, compressor, pumps, cogeneration, waste heat, and Cleaver Brooks boilers.
6. Aligns valves and equipment, communicates, and verifies equipment startup/shutdown.
7. Assists with plant/district outage activities including securing systems, draining, filling, etc.
8. Works daily in Maintenance Department servicing/repairing plant equipment.
9. Responsible for maintaining a positive attitude, professional and courteous behavior, motivation, initiative, cooperation, and participation.
10. Acts as a team member with all employees of the Vicinity staff.
11. Complies with all Vicinity-Energy policies and procedures.
12. Performs all other tasks as instructed.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Pass mechanics written test (Ramsay Corp.)
3. Must have 3-5-years of experience
4. Must hold a NJ Blue Seal Stationary license
5. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
6. Responsible for providing shift or non-shift coverage for either Control Room Operator or Auxiliary Operator during times of vacation, call-out, personal days, etc., as may be needed.
7. Normal work hours will be 0700 to 1530 hours Monday through Friday.
8. Must be able to work varying shifts, including overtime and “on-call” as may be needed by the Operations and/or Maintenance Departments. Must be able to work 12 hour rotating shift.
9. This is an hourly/non-exempt position.
10. Must be willing to become a Bargaining Unit Member of the 877 union.
11. Must submit to a company provided physical, drug screen, and background check.
1. This position will require the following: climbing, lifting-minimum of 50 lbs., carrying and transporting heavy objects, standing for long duration, work at heights, crawling through portholes, manways and working in confined spaces, working outdoors during summer and winter and wearing of personal protection equipment as required.
2. Can perform physical work in industrial environment and operate forklift.
3. Drive to customer locations to check out equipment and/or maintain, as necessary.
4. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
5. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Trenton, NJ, USA