Power Plant Mechanic
Oklahoma City, OK, USA Req #28
Wednesday, July 29, 2020
With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
This is an entry level position for a candidate who can perform maintenance, repair, and monitoring on all equipment and plant distribution systems. This position reports to the Lead Plant Supervisor and is located in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
1. Repairs, services, and maintains steam generators (boilers), generators, and centrifugal chillers to include repair and service of all associated equipment.
2. Applies knowledge of hand and power tools, cutting torch, welder, micrometers, dial gauges, and strain gauges to repair machinery and components.
3. Monitors and evaluates condition of operating controls and safeties to ensure continued safe operation of equipment.
4. Operation, Repairs, services, and maintains the plant’s distribution system.
5. Performs failure analysis of components that are determined to be out of prescribed tolerance.
6. Monitors machinery for noise, and vibrations to ensure the safe operating condition of machinery and takes immediate corrective action should unsafe conditions exist.
7. Reads and interprets blueprints and other technical information.
8. Assists in other areas of plant as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Read, write and comprehend English (operational, process, safety and quality instructions).
2. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
3. This is an hourly non-exempt position.
4. Must be available to work occasional scheduled or unscheduled overtime, as required.
5. Must be present and ready to begin working at the designated time. Regular work hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Hours are determined by management and may vary during outages and heavy demand periods. Overtime on holidays, weekends, and nights may be required.
6. Consistently demonstrate the ability to learn and independently repair assigned machines/electrical/I&C and equipment meeting established deadlines.
7. Demonstrate a working ability to use computer programs for research and work control.
8. Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily. Must have ability to interface diplomatically with other employees and the public.
9. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
10. Willing and able to learn plant control processes. Performs and promotes work in a safe manner according to established safety procedures and reports or rectifies any unsafe conditions.
1. Spends 100% of time in maintenance environment.
2. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions.
3. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
4. Equipment noise greater than 85 db. and hazards such as high-pressure steam lines and rotating equipment.
5. Working with and thereby exposed to water treatment chemicals.
6. Required to wear personal protective equipment such as hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, and other protective gear required to perform job duties.
7. Amount of time spent – Standing 25%, Walking 25% bending and stooping 50%.
8. Stoop, kneel, or crouch, enter confined spaces and work on scaffolds or other elevated areas. Will be required to use ladders and stairs.
9. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
10. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and maneuver objects in excess of 100 pounds.
11. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, July 29, 2020
- Oklahoma City, OK, USA