Vicinity is looking for a Plant Technician to operate and maintain a M.A. 2nd Class Cogeneration Plant which consists of a 5.2 MW CT w/ HRSG, two auxiliary WT boilers, and supporting balance of plant equipment including the 13.8-kv electrical distribution, water treatment, fuel and steam distribution systems. The ideal candidate will be part of a total crew of 6 and will report to the Plant Manager at our Biogen location in Cambridge, M.A.
1. The plant is a single licensed person operation.
2. Take responsibility for assigned systems (procedure & drawing updates).
3. Perform plant related maintenance & housekeeping.
4. Comply with all company, federal, state and local policy & laws.
5. Maintain the daily plant logs.
6. Work safely & complete required training.
7. Support the O&M Supervisor as directed.
8. Oversee contractors.
9. Demonstrate professionalism.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. 3rd Class Stationary Engineer’s license (MA), or 1st/2nd Class Firemen’s license and willing to obtain 3rd Class license within 1 year of hire.
2. Must be able to work independently.
3. Can read and follow basic P&ID’s, electrical 1-Lines, and procedures.
4. Experience operating with DeltaV distributed control system or similar preferred.
5. Familiar with basic Microsoft Office products.
6. AutoCad & Maximo experience preferred.
7. This is an hourly non-exempt position.
8. 12-Hour shift schedule, day/night 4-week rotating shifts.
1. Must be able to lift 50lbs, maneuver objects in excess of 100 pounds, and climb ladders as required.
2. Spends 100% of time in maintenance environment.
3. May need to work outside in inclement weather conditions.
4. Exposure to extreme temperatures.
5. Equipment noise greater than 85 db. and hazards such as high-pressure steam lines and rotating equipment.
6. Working with and thereby exposed to water treatment chemicals.
7. Required to wear personal protective equipment such as hardhat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, and other protective gear required to perform job duties.
8. Amount of time spent – Standing 25%, Walking 25% bending and stooping 50%.
9. Stoop, kneel, or crouch, enter confined spaces and work on scaffolds or other elevated areas. Will be required to use ladders and stairs.
10. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
11. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of
the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.