Power Plant Operator A
Cambridge, MA, USA Req #32
Monday, August 3, 2020
With 13 networks in 10 major cities, Vicinity Energy is North America’s largest provider of district energy solutions, offering energy investment, infrastructure and management to municipal, commercial and institutional customers with mission-critical energy needs. Our 450+ skilled engineers, operators and energy experts have a singular dedication to our customers’ success and a relentless focus on delivering efficient energy, resilient management and operation of cooling and heating networks, the production of green energy and carbon footprint reductions for the customers and communities in which we serve.
Vicinity Energy is looking for a qualified candidate who can work in a team environment operating a 200 MW Cogeneration Station serving high profile critical care, institutional, and commercial clients. The qualified candidate holds and maintains a minimum of a Massachusetts Third Class Stationary Engineers license; a Second Class license is preferred. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
1. Assist, or operate independently, power plant equipment through computerized, electric, pneumatic and all control and monitoring systems and locally.
2. Operate to meet market requirements maximizing personnel and equipment safety, reliability and efficiency.
3. Take water samples and analyze for chemical constituents.
4. Make feeds and adjustments to maintain proper chemical controls.
5. Operate and regenerate external water treatment equipment.
6. Maintain records of analysis results.
7. Direct subordinate grades.
8. Report maintenance requests using Maximo.
9. Use basic computer skills to accomplish assigned duties.
10. Assist in developing operating procedures.
11. Assist in Lock-out/Tag-out of equipment under his/her control.
12. Maintain environmental compliance of operating plant.
13. Share job knowledge freely and instructs and directs other employees.
14. Take assigned readings and completes reports and records as assigned.
15. Perform duties as assigned by the Lead Power Plant Technician.
16. Maintain assigned cleaning station.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Holds and maintains a minimum of Massachusetts Third Class Engineer’s License, Second Class preferred.
2. Minimum of 5 years experience operating gas turbines, high pressure boilers, steam turbines and Heat Recovery Steam Generators.
3. This is an hourly non-exempt position.
4. Union membership is required.
5. Demonstrates knowledge of the relationship between plant operations and energy markets.
6. Basic computer skills.
7. Possesses physical and mental fitness to safely perform the duties of this job.
8. Excellent safety record.
1. Standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking on uneven surfaces, and grating, working from elevated platforms, scaffolding or ladders, required to lift 50 pounds and maneuver 100 pounds.
2. Must submit to a company provided physical and drug screening.
3. Must qualify to wear a respirator.
4. Ability to tolerate confined spaces, including manholes and varying temperatures and weather conditions.
5. Exposed to temperature extremes, high noise level areas, high pressure steam lines, rotating equipment, and dusty/dirty environment.
6. Required to wear PPE such as hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection.
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Cambridge, MA, USA