The Electrician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing plant electrical systems. This is a full-time hourly position. The Electrician reports to the Plant Manager and is located in Kansas City, Missouri.
1. Installs, repairs, monitors, maintains plant electrical systems to ensure reliable, safe and efficient operation of chillers, high pressure boilers and load centers, lighting panels, high voltage breakers and system controls.
2. Install, repair, troubleshoot, and maintain all plant and customer work site electrical equipment safely.
3. Rack in and out 2300 volt breakers.
4. Troubleshoot, maintain, and install 2300V, 480V and 120V plant electrical circuits and equipment such as motors, transformers, lighting circuits, and electrical motor control circuits.
5. Troubleshoot, maintain, and install data communication circuits and equipment.
6. Troubleshoot maintain and install Programmable Logic controllers
7. Maintain logs and records of the various aspects of the work orders as required.
8. Monitor equipment, identify problem areas, and develop problem resolution for equipment failures and out of ordinary conditions.
9. Install conduit and install electrical and data communication circuits in accordance with National Electrical Code.
10. Provide on the job training to new employees.
11. Communicate timely and relevant information to management, direct reports and others as situations necessitate.
12. Verify lock out equipment, following established Lock Out/Tag Out Permit Procedures
13. Ensure task completion, operation efficiency and reliability for unit and corporate goals attainment.
14. Monitor and maintain the cleanliness of the plant and equipment.
15. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
16. Comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
17. Assist the Instrumentation and Control Technicians as needed.
18. Perform any other duties and tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
1. Standing, sitting, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, walking on uneven surfaces, and grating, working from elevated platforms, scaffolding or ladders, required to lift 50 pounds and maneuver 100 pounds.
2. Must submit to a company provided physical and drug screening.
3. Must qualify to wear a respirator.
4. Ability to tolerate confined spaces, including manholes and varying temperatures and weather conditions.
5. Exposed to temperature extremes, high noise level areas, high pressure steam lines, rotating equipment, and dusty/dirty environment.
6. Required to wear PPE such as hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection.
7. Required to wear electrical PPE including 40 cal. Suit and hood voltage and arc flash rated gloves.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Technical trade school training or an Associate’s degree is preferred.
3. 2 to 5 years in a power plant or industrial electrical experience is preferred.
4. Ability to use computer and calculator.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.