The Skilled Laborer performs a variety of construction assignments requiring skill and knowledge in the field of energy distribution systems. This is an hourly position and requires membership in the Local 877 Union. This position reports to the Distribution Supervisor and is located in Boston, M.A.
1. Performs duties such as concrete work, excavation or fill, carpentry, and general construction.
2. Perform safe excavation techniques such as digging, trenching, shoring, backfilling, etc.
3. Insulate pipes as required.
4. Keeps work areas clean and orderly; maintains safe working conditions.
5. Uses all hand and power tools to maintain and repair equipment.
6. Assists in training Unskilled Laborers and others as requested by management.
Qualifications and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. 1-3 years of experience working as an Unskilled Laborer or in a similar role required.
3. Must possess or obtain the M.A. Asbestos Worker License to perform related duties.
4. Basic masonry skills are necessary to install or repair brick work.
5. Skilled in concrete work as it pertains to framing, reinforcing, and placing cast in concrete.
6. Skilled in carpentry work as it pertains to framing and forming.
1. Must have a M.A. driver’s license minimum Class C and a safe driving record in order to operate company vehicles.
2. Required to wear a half face respirator or powered air respirators where proper procedures warrant their use.
3. Required to lift or operate machinery, tools, etc. weighing up to 80 pounds unassisted.
4. Required to work in confined spaces and climb ladders or stairs
5. Required to work in adverse weather conditions, both indoors and outdoors in all seasons. Must be able to tolerate working in hot areas.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.