The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for working on maintenance projects and has experience in plant operation systems. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining equipment and will directly execute maintenance work. This is a full time hourly position. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is located at our Watergate location in Washington, D.C.
• Install, repair, and troubleshoot meters, pneumatic and electric controls equipment and distribution equipment including: piping, valves, traps, and expansion joints.
• Perform inspections and preventive maintenance on distribution systems
Qualifications and Experience
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• 2 or more years’ experience in: pipe fitting, pipeline repair/maintenance, valve/expansion joint/trap repair/maintenance, and/or steam plant maintenance of high pressure power boilers, combustion turbines, or steam turbines
• Demonstrated leadership and full proficiency in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of Pressure Reducing Stations, building heating systems, domestic hot water systems and associated controls
• Demonstrated leadership and full proficiency in the maintenance, troubleshooting, and operation of steam distribution system related equipment
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with the customers and completing routine paperwork
• Basic knowledge of HVAC systems, including air handlers and steam coils
• The job can be physically demanding involving movement of heavy equipment and carrying materials up and down stairs. Candidates should be able to lift and maneuver an 80-lb load.
• Ability to tolerate confined spaces, including manholes, and varying temperatures and weather conditions
• Ability to lift heavy equipment and carry materials up and down stairs with the capacity of lifting 80 pounds
• Ability to hear and understand audible alarms, detect changes in noise levels of rotating equipment and hear portable radio communication
• Required to operate company vehicle as requested. Must possess a valid driver license.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
Vicinity North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.