Retail Retail Supervisor
Drive retail sales through selling, training, developing and leading Eyewear Specialists to by utilizing the Company’s selling strategies. Supervise overall performance and operation of the store in the absence of the General Manager following established procedures and use of sound judgment. Licensed Retail Supervisor possesses State Optician’s License for states where required by Company.
1. Set example and lead retail sales by determining customer wants and needs and selling to exceed their expectations. Maximize productivity through implementation of resource scheduling where applicable.
2. Assist in supervising staff including: recruitment and interviewing of retail staff, coaching / counseling meetings, preparation of schedules for retail staff in compliance with payroll guidelines and customer flow.
3. Cross train all Associates.
4. Call new patients to ensure all intake forms are completed prior to arrival.
5. Train, observe and coach best-in-class behaviors as it relates to social distancing and COVID 19 protocols:
a. Install Social Distancing sign at store front. For Mall Locations advise patients to call before proceeding to the stores as signage will not be visible.
b. Ensure chairs in waiting area are six (6) feet apart, to ensure recommended separation, where possible
6. Ensure associates are fully trained on the importance of social distancing, cleaning protocols and cleaning hygiene practices: frequent handwashing, not shaking hands, cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes / nose / mouth with unwashed hands.
7. Conduct huddles with doctor & staff to review prior day changes, updated safety protocols and overall Company communications and ensure that they understand and are feeling protected with Company protocol
8. Ensure a Greeter is in place and keeps patient purpose of visit and patient flow at maximum of 15 bodies in retail/exam space at all times; Ensuring proper ratios of Associates to Patients via greeting; act as greeter when necessary
9. Inspect finished eyeglasses using the Lensometer to conform to Company’s 7-Point Quality Verification. Provide a thorough dispense with each customer to ensure the eyewear fits properly and is optically correct while maintaining social distancing as outlined by COVID-19 protocols.
10. In absence of GM ensuring that the schedule is being adhered to support the patient experience
11. Complete training on how to maintain schedule for exam & non-exam appointments, Pre-test equipment and Order Manage
12. Practice Role play and scripts as it relates to new operating model
13. Maintaining Patient Readiness through 24hr. Appt. Confirmation, intake and MVC tool
14. Conduct pre-testing of all patients including to obtain patient PD. Wipe down all instruments in front of the Patient before pre-testing
15. Wipe down frame trays in front of patient
16. Hold all non-selected products for cleaning post patient departure
17. Use updated Measurement protocol to assist patients
18. Check in and Final Inspect eyewear, wipe down product and package
19. Ship eyewear to patient home
20. Act as Floor leader/Greeter in absence of GM
21. Perform all opening and closing procedures to include bank deposits, cash on hand verification, payroll processing, opening POS system, and signing and filing POS reports.
22. Enforce cash handling policies and procedures as outlined in the Accounting SOP.
23. Verify that Rx information is entered correctly and completely in the POS system.
License State specific responsibilities:
24. Analyze and interpret patients’ prescriptions.
25. Communicate as necessary with the Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
26. Dispense eyewear
27. Final inspection
· HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
· 1-5 years of experience required
· Licensed RS will have a State Opticians License
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms.
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organization and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Ability to think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Attention to detail
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Manage location effectively
· Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
· Optical experience a plus
Training Requirements (where applicable)
· Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
· Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
- Job Family Contributor
- Job Function Retail Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Hourly
- Store 527, Brandywine Crossing, Brandywine, Maryland, United States of America