Retail General Manager
Responsible for the overall sales and profitability of a store location. Manage all operations of the location to include personnel, merchandising, inventory management, training and safety. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in managing overall performance of the entire retail operation. (A Licensed General Manager will possess a State Optician’s License for states where required by the Company).
1. Supervise the Retail Field team to include selection, training and development, coaching, counseling and performance management. Responsible to conduct training with team to ensure completely cross trained
2. Train, observe and coach best-in-class behaviors as it relates to social distancing and COVID 19 protocols:
a. Install Social Distancing sign at store front. For Mall Locations advise patients to call before proceeding to the stores as signage will not be visible.
b. Ensure chairs in waiting area are six (6) feet apart, to ensure recommended separation, where possible
3. Ensure associates are fully trained on the importance of social distancing, cleaning protocols and cleaning hygiene practices: frequent handwashing, not shaking hands, cover nose and mouth while coughing or sneezing, avoid touching eyes / nose / mouth with unwashed hands
4. Conduct huddles with doctor & staff to Review prior day changes, updated safety protocols and overall Company communications. and ensure that they understand and are feeling protected with Company protocol
5. Ensure a Greeter is in place and keeps patient purpose of visit and patient flow at maximum of 15 bodies in retail/exam space at all times; Ensuring proper ratios of Associates to Patients via greeting; ensure patients Intake paperwork is completed 100%
6. Schedule to the appropriate allocated Retail staff hours to maintain 11-6 operating hours and based on two patients per hour. Responsible for managing Exam Book and flow with OD – 2 Per Hour Max
7. Greet, Check-In & Assign Patient to Associate (Pre-Test or Retail)
8. Responsible for all Safety Protocols at all times and to ensure the teams are aware and comply with protocols
9. Responsible to maintain safety inventory and supply
10. Ensure Patient Ready Behaviors happen daily to limit touch points and wait times
11. Responsible to take Patient temperature upon entry
12. Responsible for pre-test training, associate operations and patient social distance
13. Maintain Order management functions using ship to home 100%
14. Responsible to manage all adjustment/repairs to meet social distance
15. Create a climate of security and integrity to control inventory shrink from both internal and external theft. Control inventory through auditing paperwork such as special orders, inter-store merchandise transfers, return policies, and the monitoring of damaged and defective product in both the lab and retail areas.
16. Monitor and enforce Company cash handling policies and procedures to include petty cash as outlined in Accounting SOP, and submit required financial documents accurately and on schedule.
17. Maintain facility to corporate standards including building, equipment, parking lot and grounds as well as safety rules, OSHA requirements, hazardous material handling and waste disposal.
18. Develop and maintain a good working relationship with doctor/doctors associated with store location. Utilize Doctor to assist when Business demands
License State specific responsibilities:
19. Analyze and interpret patients’ prescriptions.
20. Communicate as necessary with the Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
21. Dispense eyewear
22. Sponsor Apprentice Opticians
· HS Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Three (3) or more years of related experience required
· Optical management experience preferred
· Licensed GMs must have a current State Opticians License
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organization and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Manage location effectively
· Attention to detail
Training Requirements (where applicable)
· Complete all required company training within required timeframes
· Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Must work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
· Must have ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
- Job Family Manager/Supervisor
- Job Function General Manager Incentive Plan
- Pay Type Salary
- Store 521, Washington, District Of Columbia, United States of America