Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city’s poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families — including veterans — experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization’s responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization’s signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter “home” has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Front Desk Supervisor coordinates the operation of the program during the assigned shift.
High school diploma or GED plus one year relevant experience working in a similar capacity in a social services setting. Supervisory experience required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and basic computer knowledge.
1. Supervise all front desk staff activities to ensure adherence to policy and procedures.
2. Ensure proper documentation of front desk activities.
3. Provide emergency assistance to residents as needed and supervise incident management system.
4. Monitor building safety.
5. Perform related tasks as assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS
1. Front desk activities are performed accurately and completely.
2. Front desk activities are accurately documented.
3. Emergency resident needs are met and incidents properly documented.
4. Building safety is monitored and maintained.
5. Related tasks are performed as needed.
This is a part-time position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Tuesday, December 3, 2019
- New York, NY, USA