Senior Case Manager (ETS427)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city’s poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families — including veterans — experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization’s responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization’s signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter “home” has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Senior Case Manager ensures that Case Managers deliver services to clients in a manner that is consistent with professional standards of case management, the contractual requirements of the funding sources and the policies, guidelines and shared values of Volunteers of America.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Human Services with three years of experience with a similar population of clients and one year of supervisory experience. Demonstrated ability in verbal and written communication, including basic computer skills, and the ability to work with multiple agencies.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Supervise Case Managers.
2. Lead clients through the intake and assessment process to provide orientation to the program and to identify needs.
3. Develop with clients a mutually agreed-upon service plan to address needs and attain desired outcomes.
4. Develop and maintain positive linkages with clients, internal and external agency services, generic community resources, and state/city liaisons.
5. Monitor client success through participation in case conferences, staff meetings, reviews of program plans, and development of discharge plans.
6. Document case management activities in a confidential, timely and concise manner
7. Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Department is fully staff, supervised and trained in Volunteers Of America Case Management model.
2. The client is informed of their rights and responsibilities as a participant in the program, an assessment is completed, and needs identified.
3. Specific goals and objectives are developed with the client in a comprehensive service plan.
4. Clients have access to a wide range of supportive services.
5. Goals, objectives and strategies are implemented or adjusted to meet client needs.
6. A record of services, outcomes, trends and recommendations for use by service providers and regulatory agencies is maintained.
7. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office environment performing administrative work.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or vendors. This position is sedentary and requires sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Wednesday, February 12, 2020
- New York, NY, USA