Associate Business Manager II (HAO221)
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city’s poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families — including veterans — experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization’s responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York’s programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization’s signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter “home” has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Associate Business Manager II assists in managing the division business office to provide fiscal and operational support to the division’s programs. Applies sound business practices to ensure the efficient and professional functioning of the division programs. Advises the Sector Controller on financial and operational matters in accordance with Volunteers of America’s policies and procedures.
Bachelor’s degree plus three years relevant administrative experience, including at least one year in a supervisory capacity, or satisfactory combination of education and experience. Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet applications and word processing required.
This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Assist agency finance department in preparation of annual budgets and modifications.
2. Prepare billings, collect revenues, and follow up with funders.
3. Account for purchases and invoices including subcontracting.
4. Supervise property control including petty cash and client funds.
5. Supervise assigned staff.
6. Analyze financial reports and make recommendations for operational improvements.
7. Perform other related duties as requested.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. Budgets are of high quality and current.
2. Bills to funders are accurate and submitted on a timely basis.
3. Purchases provide good value and invoices are paid promptly.
4. Inventory procedures are followed and provide accurate results.
5. Staff are well trained and supervised.
6. The agency is in compliance with accounting/auditing, funding source and budget requirements.
7. All other related tasks are completed on time and accurately.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in an office environment performing administrative work.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to have visual acuity, talk and hear while communicating with peers and/or vendors. This position is sedentary and requires sitting for long period of times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items up to 20 pounds.
This is a full-time position.
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Tuesday, May 19, 2020
- New York, NY, USA