Travel Clerk III (PAX Services)
U01533 - TRAVEL CLERK III-Administration
VSE Corporation is currently seeking a Travel Clerk III with at least five (5) years of customer service experience to fill a position in the Passenger Services Section at Ft Benning, GA to perform the following tasks:
• Plan itinerary and schedule travel accommodations for military and civilian personnel with dependents according to travel orders using knowledge of routes, types of carriers and travel regulations.
• Verify travel orders to insure costs, availability and convenience of different types of carriers to select most advantageous route and carrier.
• Notify personnel of travel dates, baggage limits, medical, passport/visa requirements, and determines that all clearances have been obtained.
• Assist personnel in completing travel forms and other business transactions pertaining to travel.
• May deliver personnel files and travel orders to persons prior to departure.
• Meet and inspect commercial charter equipment for compliance to all regulations.
• May arrange for motor transportation for arriving or departing personnel.
Maintain a working knowledge of governing policies and regulations.
Utilize word processing, spreadsheet, presentation software, and printing equipment to create, copy, edit and print a variety of standardized documents.
Performs other related duties and assignments as required
• Education: High school diploma or GED and some technical training/college are required.
• Experience: Five (5) years of customer service experience.
Excellent one-on-one, group presentation and facilitation skills
Excellent verbal communications skills
Ability to communicate effectively in writing
Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
Excellent organization skills, detail oriented with the ability to multitask
Work well under pressure
Information search and research skills, analytical and creative problem solving skills, questioning and feedback skills, customer service orientation and commitment to quality, responsibility, high work standards, and initiatives
Must be able to lift 30-35 lbs. un-assisted, 35-50 lbs. with assistance
Must have and maintain a valid state driver's license.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a CAC.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agent and Travel Clerk
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fort Benning, GA 31905, USA