Responsible for the day-to-day leasing and marketing operations of an apartment community as assigned. Through leasing and marketing efforts maintain highest achievable occupancy consistently. Duties include: market research, showing apartments, achieving highest standards and scores from phone and site shops, guest card entry, strong closing techniques, fair housing compliance, reporting on property curb appeal and tracking all sale leads and advertisement.
- Inspect tour routes, models and show apartments daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Greeting prospective residents; determining the needs and preferences of the prospect and professionally present specific apartments while providing information regarding features and benefits.
- Answering incoming calls in a cheerful and professional manner. Handle each call accordingly whether it is a prospect call or an irate resident that just moved in.
- Develop and maintain Resident relations through the courtesy of on-site personnel, promptness of maintenance calls, and knowledge of community policies.
- Learn to develop professional sales and closing techniques.
- Accompany prospects to model apartments and discusses size and layout of rooms, available facilities, such as swimming pool and saunas, location of shopping centers, services available, and terms of lease.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge and use of lead tracking system. Make follow-up calls to prospective Residents who did not fill out an application.
- Compile and update listings of available rental units.
- Process all applications in accordance with company policy and procedures, and notify prospect of results.
- Complete lease agreement and collect rental deposit. Be sure to print out hard copy for office files.
- Adhere to all fair housing laws.
- Maintain professional appearance as defined by the Employee Handbook.
- Effectively handle all leasing administrative and clerical responsibilities.
- Understand credit reporting consistent with Company Policies.
- Assist other departments as directed by supervisor.
- Walk new resident through lease document at time of signing.
- Update availability list daily in Yardi and communicate which units are rented.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; OR must have High School diploma or the equivalent.
- One-year minimum experience working in property management environment, OR two years minimum experience working in sales, marketing, and customer service environment.
- Property management industry designations/certifications highly desired.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 99 Madison Ave, Westwood, NJ 07675, USA