Sample Control Technician - Contract
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Under limited supervision, the Sample Control Technician receives, schedules samples and communicates to customers, peers and Supervisor regarding order details.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, documenting, and delivering test samples to the chemical test departments.
- Communicate to clients on a variety of issues including – order status, special requests, incomplete shipments and samples requiring additional information.
- Maintain database (AIM) including - sample historical tracking files, client contact information and the maintenance of sampling equipment records and tracking of loan orders.
- Read Purchase Orders to determine accuracy with customer testing requests, bringing discrepancies to the attention of Laboratory Management.
- Cleaning and maintaining sampling containers, glassware, test supplies and equipment as required.
- Receiving laboratory supplies and directing them to appropriate department.
- Follow all department Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and related documentation.
- Adhere to the safety requirements and policies in the laboratory.
- Under limited supervision, disposing of related hazardous materials.
- Participating in laboratory related projects, special projects, general support, and other assignments as deemed appropriate by Laboratory Management.
- Perform basic analytical testing under limited supervision.
- Other duties as required.
- A high school diploma, GED, or equivalent with customer service planning and background.
- Experience with customer service responsibilities.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines while maintaining attention to detail while completing tasks.
- Must be willing to take on added responsibilities and challenges to grow within the role.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, capable of presenting information to all levels of Client’s organization.
- Excellent organization skills required with the ability to coordinate tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated communication and ability to work in a team environment.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and data base management.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family End User Laboratory
- Pay Type Hourly
- Montreal, QC, Canada