Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Purpose: The Operations Manager oversees 24/7 manufacturing for the Paper Machine and Converting Departments in the Urbana, Ohio facility. This position ensures that operational processes are carried out efficiently and effectively to meet global and local management objectives and strategies. He/she focuses on achieving operational goals through continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive Safety, Quality, Employee Engagement, Collaboration, and Performance
- Establish and continuously improve Safety, Quality, On-Time Delivery and Cost reduction programs.
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate all production activities, ensuring they meet the organization’s goals, objectives, and regulations.
- Develop operations budget, including capital planning and manage to monthly forecast
- Lead, motivate, and mentor the operations management team. Continue to build a team of high performing operations managers & operations supervisors.
- Drive change, development, and transformation through effective conflict resolution and management.
- Responsible to ensure manufacturing talent pool is continually reviewed and strengthened through recruiting new talent, development, and addressing performance issues.
- Ensures efficient execution of Lean Six Sigma projects with a high degree of transparency until and including its full implementation with the required trainings and ramp-up of operational use as well as documentation in the Process Framework. Establish sound process improvement initiatives that drive year over year improvement, as well as streamline and optimize day-to-day operations
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and technology which make our teams more efficient and effective.
- Provide high level advice to the General Manager on strategic planning and business opportunities, risk management and continuous quality improvement.
- Develops, maintains, and improves metrics monitoring performance and attainment of key goals and objectives.
- Regularly communicate performance trends and improvements to the organization. Embody a positive team culture and collaboration of different operational areas involved in the manufacturing processes.
- Partner with Engineering, Maintenance, Quality, Planning and others to improve products and processes and others to coordinate cross functional projects
- Primary customer liaison between commercial team, customers and customer service.
- Lead a positive safety culture with a continued focus on safety as a value rather than just a priority. Assure compliance with established safety policies, programs, and OSHA procedures.
- Supports developmental or experimental production activities.
- Ensure compliance and verify effectiveness to ISO 9001 (QMS) and 14001(EMS)
- Possess a clear understanding of Weidmann product lines and customers.
- Possess leadership traits that support Weidmann’s culture, values and beliefs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Paper Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Operations Management or equivalent background
- Minimum of 15 years manufacturing managing experience
- Comprehensive understanding and experience utilizing Lean Six Sigma Method. Minimum of Green Belt Certification Required
- Demonstrated leadership in building a culture of continuous Improvement for process and operations
- Strong process, manufacturing, or engineering background with an ability to understand work flow and make-to-order environments
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan
- Success in determining development needs, identifying talent performance, and building leadership capability.
- Proven ability as a passionate people-centric leader who can effectively drive results
- Possess high levels of self-management, flexibility, responsiveness, and adaptability
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment and critical thinking
- Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret data to further develop, recommend and implement solutions
- Confident, entrepreneurial self-starter with the ability to manage and prioritize projects to delegate tasks appropriately
- Must have strong communication and presentation skills
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Technologically savvy, collaborative, confident leader.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and ERP software (SAP preferred), familiarity with Microsoft 365 a plus
- Paper Manufacturing experience preferred
- Must have the ability to travel both domestically and globally
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family URB Head Office
- Pay Type Salary
- 700 W Court St, Urbana, OH 43078, USA