STJ Rings & Caps Operator - TEMP 1st shift
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position has significant environmental aspects/impacts associated with it.
- Apply knowledge of machines, tooling, and material to efficiently produce top-quality parts.
- Perform routine operator maintenance on assigned machines and tools as necessary. Notify a superior of any condition requiring the attention of the Maintenance Department.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Promote, develop, and assist in implementation of Process Improvement.
- Produce and ship products and services as required and specified.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- High School/Trade School Diploma is required.
- 1 year of experience as a machine operator is preferred.
- Must be able to use precision measuring instruments, train less-experienced machine operators, and be able to implement shop-oriented mathematics and basic geometric calculations.
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family STJ Fabrication
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA