STJ Temporary Shipper
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Inspect, wrap, and package Weidmann parts in a manner that will ensure the safe arrival and storage at the customer’s location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Check quantity, quality, cleanness, description, and marking of every product that is to be packaged.
- Select and/or construct adequate shipping containers or skids that are appropriate to the size and weight of the parts being shipped.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment utilizing the 5s concept.
- Complete necessary shipping paperwork and Prime documentation.
- An employee in this position may be required to handle hazardous waste. Annual Resource Conservation and Recovery Act training is required.
- An employee in the position (from each shift), may be required to transport, label hazardous waste containers, and/or complete information on shipping manifests. HM 181 Department of Transportation (DOT) training is required every two years.
- Produce and ship products and services as required and specified.
- Assist in tracking inventory of pallets and packaging materials.
- Load and unload trucks containing pallets and/or finished product.
- Review and complete various forms and documents.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- High School/Trade School Diploma is required. Must be able to read a ruler, make simple arithmetic computations, and use the routine tools employed in crate making.
- Must be able to understand and follow shop and shipping oriented instruction and be able to operate a fork truck
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA