STJ Stripmill Operator 2nd Shift- Temp
Shape our common future: The Weidmann Group is, and has been for over 140 years, a leading global supplier of engineered products and services. Weidmann develops and manufactures
- high-voltage insulation materials, components and systems, predominantly from cellulose, as well as diagnostics and engineering services, and sensors and monitors for transformer manufacturers and operators (Business Area Electrical Technology)
- microfibrillated cellulose for innovative engineered applications (Business Area Fiber Technology)
- sophisticated injection-molded plastics applications for the medical and pharmaceuticals industries (Business Area Medical Technology)
The Weidmann Group, headquartered in Rapperswil-Jona, Switzerland, is active worldwide in more than 30 locations and employs a staff of 3’200.
Purpose: Regularly set-up and operate complex machines to produce a wide variety of products with minimal direct supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply knowledge of machines, tooling, and material to efficiently produce top quality parts.
- Perform routine operator maintenance on assigned machines. Notify a superior of any condition requiring the attention of the Maintenance Department.
- Must be able obtain a forklift license.
- Maintain a clean working area.
- Develop, maintain, and follow ISO Documents, WI’s, SOP’s, and process sheets.
- Promote, develop, and assist in implementation of process improvements.
- Train individuals as required.
- Produce and ship products and services as required and specified.
- Work to acquire appropriate training.
- Adhere to all environmental, health, and safety procedures.
- Has the responsibility of understanding and carrying out assigned duties in conformance with customer and business requirements. Only known good work is forwarded
- Ensures that problems, errors and/or defects that surface in regard to products, documentation, procedures or materials are promptly brought to attention for correction.
- Provides support and input for continual improvement projects, preventative and corrective actions.
- Has the responsibility to halt or change a process if it is not achieving planned results.
- Perform other work as assigned.
- High School/Trade School Diploma Required.
- Two years as an Assemblies Finisher or comparable experience.
- Must be able to read complicated blueprints, implement shop-oriented mathematics and basic geometric calculations and have the ability to use precision measuring instruments.
- Must be able to interpret quality information and ISO documentation.
- Must have or be able to obtain a forklift license.
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements in accordance with the Essential Function Job Analysis.
We are looking forward to receiving your complete application.
- Job Family STJ Fabrication
- Pay Type Hourly
- 1 Gordon Mills Way, St Johnsbury, VT 05819, USA