SENIOR WAREHOUSE MANAGER
Position Summary Description:
Directs warehouse activities for organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall warehouse operations for Sand Island and Koapaka facilities.
- Create development plans with specific benchmark goals for warehouse managers.
- Responsible for ensuring all warehouse managers achieve those goals within a specific time frame.
- Works with the Warehouse Managers and employees to document all standard operating procedures in all areas of Warehouse Operations.
- Creates and executes training plans that aligns training needs with business objectives.
- Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of group training programs on all Warehouse operations systems based on standard operating procedures.
- Works with Human Resources to create and update new hire on-boarding and training programs.
- Conducts follow up studies of all employees who have completed training sessions to evaluate and measure results and check for comprehension and retention.
- Manages and inspects physical conditions of facility and equipment used in all operations and maintenance.
- Prepares work order for repairs and requisitions for replacement of equipment.
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Confers with department heads to ensure coordination of warehouse activities with other functions such as Purchasing, Sales, Customer Service, and Inventory Control.
- Directs salvage of damaged or used material.
- Ensure safe operational practices, procedures, and policies are followed by Operations personnel.
- Performs similar and related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Uses the Company’s Mission/Vision Statements and Core Values as their guiding principles.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; counseling employees, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct reports include: Warehouse Employees (Day), Warehouse Employees (Night), Transportation.
Education/Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field and/or
- Three or more years of distribution or warehouse experience, including three years in a supervisory capacity. Foodservice experience highly preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency will all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Must have ability to handle employee disputes, operational concerns, and order/delivery discrepancies calmly and effectively.
We are a Drug-Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- 285 Sand Island Access Rd, Honolulu, HI 96819, USA