This posting is inactive.
Youth Sports Referee
Sports Complex, 4320 Alta Mesa Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America
Thursday, October 31, 2019
YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Employment Application
OUR CULTURE:ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Will manage game and practice times and referee various sports (Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer, Baseball)
- Maintain control in facilities being used at all times
- Monitor and respond to all horseplay
- Give answers to questions or seek others who can do so
- Develop and maintain communication with the parents, players and coaches
- Enforce all YMCA rules and policies
- Keep current on all schedule changes
- Maintain regular communication with the Sports Director
- Set-up and take down equipment
- Respond to all emergencies in a prompt manner
- Responsible for cleanliness of facility sites
- Maintain a courteous, friendly attitude and be a positive role model
- Attend all trainings and meetings relating to the position
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Communication & Influence
- Engaging Community
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- Understand the basic principles of sports programs such as basketball, baseball, soccer, football, and volleyball.
- Prefer 6 months to 1-year experience and/or working knowledge of sports
- Demonstrate diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain harmonious relationships by promoting caring, honesty, respect and responsibility with staff, YMCA members, and program participants.
- Ability to relate to children and parents.
- Must demonstrate courtesy and service to program participants and maintain a professional appearance.
- Follow YMCA policies and decision in a supportive manner
- Ability to intervene in conflict resolution.
- Serve as a Primary responder.
- Certifications required within the first week of hire: Redwoods Bloodborne Pathogens and Hazardous Communications.
- Certifications required within the first 60 days of hire: YMCA approved basic life saving skills such as CPR, First Aid, AED, and Emergency Oxygen.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work is performed in a fast-paced outdoor environment and requires work in off-site locations.
- Visual acuity is required for monitoring potential hazards for children.
- Job requires high levels of alertness and concentration.
- Must be able to physically intervene in situations that might compromise safety
- Ability to make sound decisions and judgments even when distracted by noise and activity.
- Repetitive stooping and bending with occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds is required.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods at a time is also required.
- Employee must be able to hear, speak and understand the words of others, as well as, the ability to manipulate keyboards, telephone keypads, writing utensils is essential.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. It is
understood that the employee will also perform other reasonable
association duties and will be responsible for implementation of the
policies, procedures and standards established by the Metropolitan
Board, the branch Board of Managers and the Association Leadership. Job
descriptions are reviewed periodically and may be revised at the
discretion of management. This job description is not a written or
Min Hiring Rate
Max Hiring Rate