This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Maintains safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck, and surrounding areas. Creates a safe and positive atmosphere that promotes member safety and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
This starting rate for this position is $9/hr and is subject to change depending on experience.
You must be at least 16 years of age for this position.
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
- Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
- Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
- Decision Making - Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
- Quality Results - Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Self-Development - Pursues self-development that enhances job performance.
For more information contact Ryan Castillo at email@example.com
- Pay Type Hourly
- Downtown YMCA, 512 Lamar Street, Fort Worth, Texas, United States of America