Welcome Center Associate-Trading post
Welcome Center Associate, Trading Post, is responsible for providing prompt, courteous and accurate service to campers and parents in the trading post. Sales, account management, loss prevention, and building cleanliness are also responsibilities.
· Set up camper accounts and create vouchers.
· Handle cash and credit card sales quickly and accurately.
· Stock merchandise on a daily basis.
· Accept and check all deliveries.
· Notify manager of trading post stock.
· Safeguard against loss by being aware of unwanted behaviors and report concerns to manager.
· Provide excellent customer service as demonstrated by positive results of guest survey.
· Perform and demonstrate professionalism, wear appropriate attire, nametag, and be responsive and helpful to guest inquiries.
· Demonstrate cooperation, support and flexibility toward staff, programs, and the goals and philosophies of location.
· Clean and organize storage areas and grounds.
· Submit all required reports as necessary and requested.
· Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
· High School Diploma, Associate/Bachelors Degree in Education, youth work, recreation or related preferred or equivalent experience.
· Detail oriented and strong organizational skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communication with all levels including staff, parents and participants.
· Ability to problem solve and make decisions that adhere to the purpose, mission and goals of the YMCA.
· Ability to relate to children and develop professional, positive relationships with youth.
· Ability to work as part of a team, as a role model and take initiative to identify potential risk factors and take measures to reduce them.
· CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required.
Must be capable of being on your feet for long periods and be able to actively supervise children in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments. Must be capable of bending, kneeling, squatting and lifting 30 pounds. Must be able to visually account for all children in the program, whether inside or outside. Must be able to hear whistle or alarms. Clear speaking voice is needed to command control of group.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: Current active employees of the Metropolitan YMCA of the Oranges should apply via the Careers section of the Dayforce Employee Account.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA/employer M/F/D/V. Employment is subject to extensive background check.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fairview Lake YMCA Camps, 1035 FAIRVIEW LAKE RD, NEWTON, New Jersey, United States of America