Manager of Software Development
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
As a Software Development Manager, you will provide leadership and guidance to software development teams to help a fast-growing SaaS company to rapidly deliver quality products to market. This role requires an extensive background in running enterprise agile teams, have deep knowledge in scaled agile practices, SaaS deployment and agile leadership principles.
- Create an environment that promotes learning; enabling resources to resolve and remove their own obstacles, while supporting individuals and teams to learn from failing fast.
- Employ a lean leadership style, one that focuses on developing skills and career path for team members.
- Attract, recruit, and retain capable individuals to build high-performant teams; establish mission and purpose for individuals and teams.
- Perform career coaching and personal development; evaluate performance, including team input; provide guidance and corrective actions.
- Create an environment of transparency where facts are always friendly, so that individuals and teams feel free to innovate, experiment, and communicate openly and honestly with all stakeholders.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders to eliminate impediments and evolve systems and practices in support of Lean-Agile development.
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders in Software Architecture, Product and Process Management to define and provide a cohesive leadership message and operational strategy.
- Manage personnel actions, which includes but is not limited to, approving vacation, training, and making promotional salary or merit increase recommendations.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on being a best in class product delivery organization.
- Maintain a culture of delivering on-time, on-scope, on-budget, and on-quality.
- Fully accountable for software quality and on-time delivery.
- Experience supervising professional level Engineering staff through large complex projects
- Significant understanding and knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the software engineering and architecture field
- Experience and understanding of enterprise level agile processes
- Understanding of variety of industry frameworks, tools, and technologies utilized in implementing modern enterprise software solutions.
- Typically requires a University Degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- 6+ years of enterprise software development experience with 2+ years of leadership experience
- Experience in the FinTech space desirable
- Experience with engineering software using the Microsoft stack of technologies desirable
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family Software Engineering
- Job Function Software Development Engineering
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Management
- AvidXchange Charlotte NC, 1210 AVIDXCHANGE LN, CHARLOTTE, North Carolina, United States of America
- AvidXchange Houston TX, 2100 TRAVIS ST, SUITE 300, HOUSTON, Texas, United States of America