Commercial Lines Underwriter- Middle Market
Are you interested in joining an insurance organization that continually works with our independent agents to provide policyholders the best insurance protection possible at a reasonable cost?
As a Commercial Lines Underwriter, you will help fulfill the promise that Central makes to our customers with effective management of your assigned territory through building strong relationships with agents, writing a profitable book of business, and providing top-notch service.
What will you do?
- Effectively underwrite business in assigned territory to maximize profit potential
- Handles new business, quotations, renewals and declinations
- Provide prompt and professional services to our agents and insureds
- Develop and maintain excellent rapport with our agents, insureds, and Central employees
- Assist in the training of new employees
What experience will you bring?
- Three to five years of Commercial Lines Underwriting experience
- Two to three years of Commercial Lines experience underwriting multi-line middle market accounts
- Self-starter who works independently and manages work schedule
- Field underwriting experience a plus
- Knowledge of Commercial Lines coverages and policies
- Ability to analyze available information and make effective decisions
- Exercise good judgement & reasoning
- Strong communication skill, presentation & negotiation skills
- Commitment to successfully learning our Commercial Lines Automation Systems
- Currently reside in, or be willing to relocate to, the Roanoke, VA to Bristol / Tri-Cities, TN area
- Travel to assigned agents which will include occasional overnight
- Bachelor’s degree
The values that Central lives by are Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence. Do you…
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Treat others with respect
- Care, because it matters
- Listen and respond
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- Bristol, TN, USA
- Roanoke, VA, USA