Director of Manufacturing Underwriting
We are seeking an entrepreneurial minded individual to lead our Manufacturing Underwriting Team. In this role you will continue to build on our targeted specialization in manufacturing classes [food processing, metal products, wood products, plastics, etc.], deploy tailored tools and solutions while managing profitability in our current portfolio. Experience the fulfillment of leading specialized underwriters as the Director of Manufacturing Underwriting.
What will you do?
- Lead the Manufacturing Underwriting Specialization and coordinate expertise in Loss Control and Claims.
- Advance Underwriting expertise through class-of-business tailored risk selection and coverage application across all lines-of-business
- Research and develop selection, pricing, and coverage for targeted Heavy Manufacturing Classes
- Drive guidance for Light Manufacturing Classes including small market rules driven accounts
- Research and compare offerings against market competition for coverage, terms, and pricing methodology
- Develop and refine pricing tools to assist Manufacturing Underwriters
- Identify and assist in activation of Broker / Agency Manufacturing Practice Groups
- Develop and maintain underwriting guidance for products and associated classes
- Coordinate compliance with individual state underwriting rules and regulations as needed
What experience will you bring?
- Minimum 5 years of Heavy GL / Manufacturing Industry Underwriting experience with management responsibility
- Minimum 10 years of Commercial Underwriting experience with emphasis in Casualty lines
- Proven Strategic Thought Leadership and Decision-making skills
- Experience researching and analyzing competitive position in market
- Knowledge and understanding of Reinsurance programs and markets: structure and intersections with product / coverage
- Desire to develop the core underwriting team with the intent to drive profitable growth in the book
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant Industry designations
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Pursue continual improvement
- Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA