Vice President- Accounting
The Vice President – Accounting will join the Central’s Finance group and will be responsible for developing, implementing, and controlling the company’s accounting and treasury functions. This role will also help formulate policy for the company and help support management decision-making.
What will you do?
- Provide oversight and management of the following for Central and its insurance and non-insurance subsidiaries:
- Internal and external financial reporting, Cash management and banking transactions, Federal, state and local income, premium and payroll taxes, Disbursements, Payroll and labor allocations
- Maintenance of the general ledger and accounts payable system and all financial transactions, Corporate expenses budget
- Serve as the lead for the following core functions:
- Timely and accurate monthly close process
- Draft and assemble monthly financial comparisons for sharing with the Board and Officer group
- Coordinate the annual expense budgeting process in partnership with the Risk & Capital Management team
- Serve as the key relationship connection point for Central to AM Best, the Ohio Department of Insurance, banking relationships, external auditors, investment portfolio managers, etc.
- Active participation on various committees:
- Investment Committee, Loss Reserve Committee, Pension Plan Administrative & Advisory Committees, SPP Plan Administrative & Advisory Committees
- Represent Management in Board of Director Audit Committee meetings
- Lead and translate company actions/priorities to the Corporate Accounting area
What experience/skills will I bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA and CPA preferred
- Senior-level experience in treasury, finance, or accounting-related field
- Financial experience in the property & casualty insurance industry preferred
- Solid understanding of investment securities
- Thorough understanding of internal controls over financial reporting and separation of duties
- Effectively interact with key stakeholders, auditors, examiners, and analysts
- Develop and capitalize on continuous improvement ideas
- Ability to develop team members and turn talent into performance
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Pursue continual improvement
- Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA