Senior Actuarial Analyst
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the profitability of personal lines? As a Senior Actuarial Analyst or Associate Actuary, you'll be empowered to use your actuarial expertise to prepare rate indications and support Central's growth and financial goals and help shape our future. You can make a meaningful impact within our company.
What will you do?
- Prepare rate level indications for all personal lines and communicate the results to Home Office and Regional personnel.
- Prepare analyses of statistical experience for all personal lines and communicate the results to Home Office and Regional personnel.
- Work with the Personal Lines Review Committee, including presenting actuarial pricing information, evaluating rate proposals, and advising on the impacts of actions being proposed.
- Prepare actuarial portions of personal lines rate filings, including responding to questions raised by the various insurance departments.
- Monitor other correspondence of the Actuarial Department to evaluate their impact on the personal lines pricing work and to verify consistency of related actuarial work products.
- Train others on personal lines pricing and rate analysis.
- Assist Home Office Personal Lines Underwriting with special projects.
We are seeking someone with the following experience/skills/knowledge:
- Minimum of 3-5 years personal pricing experience required.
- Strong academic and math background.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to effectively present information and make recommendations in written and oral formats.
- Strong teamwork orientation.
- Proven analytical, quantitative, and leadership abilities.
- Be a self-starter capable of working with minimum supervision.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams
- Predictive modeling experience preferred, but not required.
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Commit to learning and development
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA