Commercial Underwriting Manager
As a Commercial Underwriting Manager, you will help lead the Team while perpetuating a culture that fulfills Central’s core values of Excellence, Integrity, and Relationships.
What experience/skills will you bring?
- Extensive Commercial Underwriting or Marketing experience
- Experience in using/understanding the impacts of data and analytics in developing underwriting strategy
- Responsible for the ongoing management of staff by attracting talent, setting clear direction, providing appropriate guidance, managing performance, recognizing contributions and developing capabilities
- Cultivate effective relationships with regional counterparts and other departments to achieve the overall business objectives
- Exhibits strong informal and formal leadership skills
- Ability to collaborate and integrate with the regional management team
- Ability to drive strong internal and external relationships
- Strong oral and written communication, strong group presentation, and ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills
- Proven strategic thought leadership and decision-making skills
- Identify and capitalize on continuous improvement ideas
- Excellent deal-making/negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- CIC or CPCU designation
What will you do?
- Lead, develop, and mentor staff
- Effectively communicate strategy and priorities, set expectations, hold team accountable, and get results
- Work appropriately across departments and across offices to accomplish corporate objectives and priorities
- Manage resources appropriately – staffing, workloads, budget
- Meet budget, make assigned agency visits, and assist with appointment process
- Exercise highest level of authority in region dictating final stance on underwriting decisions
- Responsible for departments technical file handling, services standards, and project management
- Achieve profitable results or define plan for region
- Achieve written premium volume considering retention, PCOR, hit ratio, and new business or define plan for region
Do you live by our values of Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence?
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Do what you say you will do
- Care, because it matters
- Work as a team
- Never compromise on quality
- Pursue continual improvement
- Service first mentality that takes initiative to serve others
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 7301 State Hwy 161, Irving, TX 75039, USA