Director of Data Architecture
As the Director of Data Architecture you will drive strategy around the integration, aggregation, and warehousing of the company’s data making it available for consumption through business intelligence and data analytics/science solutions. You will partner and collaborate with product owners, data governance, data analytics, software architects, QA, and other functional leaders to deliver innovate data solutions.
What will you do?
- Maintain and drive strategy of the data platform technology landscape
- Data engineering team leadership, talent development, and coaching
- Enablement of the data engineering staff to confidently and efficiently contribute to the data platform
- Clearly communicate technical vision, concepts, standards, and guidelines to both technical and non-technical staff
- Maintain consistency in toolsets, methodologies, and technologies
- Alignment of data architecture with security compliance
- Work closely with software architecture on data integration to achieve a loosely coupled environment
- Maintain high availability and resiliency of the enterprise data platform
- Ultimate responsibility and ownership of the EDW data model
- Stay current with the technology landscape. You will be expected to have a wide understanding of technologies and act as a mentor to others.
What experience will you bring?
- 5+ years of data engineering experience in a cloud environment
- 3+ years in a strategic role leading data engineers & managing an EDW
- Fluent in the Azure data engineering tech stack
- Expertise in enterprise data management best practices
- Competence in enterprise design of OLTP, OLAP, DW, and NoSQL data storage (SQL Server/Azure SQL experience preferred)
- Experienced in modern data architectures (microservices, streaming/messaging, containers, etc.), integration frameworks, and optimization techniques
- Familiarity working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in DataOps / DevOps
- Superior written and verbal communication/presentation skills (fluent in English)
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Understanding in the application of AI/ML technologies
The values that Central lives by are Integrity, Relationships, and Excellence. Do you...
- Take responsibility for actions and outcomes
- Treat others with respect
- Care, because it matters
- Listen and respond
- Never compromise on quality
It is the policy of Central that all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, job classification and assignment, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment and all other terms and conditions of employment shall be maintained in a manner which will not discriminate against any person because of race, color, age, sex, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, military status, or disability. The applicant should respond to questions on this application in a way that will not divulge such information.
- 800 S Washington St, Van Wert, OH 45891, USA