Be a part of the transformation at MVP
Healthcare. MVP Healthcare is a nationally-recognized,
regional not-for-profit health plan. We
care for more than 700,000 members across New York and Vermont and are powered
by the ideas and energy of more than 1,600 employees. We are continually evolving the way MVP uses technology to grow our
business, transforming the organization through Cloud Computing, Agile
Delivery, and DevOps.
MVP Information Services business unit is
seeking a highly motivated – detail-oriented candidate for the position of
Professional, Application Engineer. This position is responsible for ensuring that MVP’s software applications
operate efficiently and execute successfully to meet our business needs. This
position involves production support, code analysis, and development work
focused on the operational characteristics of MVP’s enterprise software
applications. They will be responsible for the build activities, maintenance and
administration of the enterprise applications and related architectures. They
will need to provide technical support and troubleshoot problems in MVP’s
With a “Cloud First” technologies road map it is expected that this role will also possess
cloud-based technology skills. The successful candidate should be an independent thinker with
excellent organizational skills and an ability to prioritize multiple demands
in an aggressive paced environment.
· The role includes but is not limited to the
following: Perform installation, configuration, administration, and tuning of application software
· Provides technical consultation and support in the development of computer applications
· Analyzes business requirements, designs, and writes technical specifications to design
or redesign computer solutions
· Works closely with Vendor technical support staff when necessary, to ensure that
technical issues are resolved as quickly as possible
· Develops original and/or complex code or provides coding guidance to less experienced
· Leads and/or performs modeling, simulations, and analysis efforts
· Verifies program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing, and
debugging of programs
· Participates in overall systems testing and/or leads the migration of applications to
· Develops new documentation, participates in the development of department technical
procedures and designs user guides
· Participates in the creation and maintenance of standards, policies, procedures, and
documentation regarding application build processes, security, and disaster
· Act as an escalation point for application support and troubleshooting
· Provides guidance and direction to less experienced staff in resolution of escalated
issues and/or complex production, application, or system problems
· Assures quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area and
oversees updating and testing of the business continuation plan
· Participates, supports, and helps drive DevOps using prior experience and best practices.
· Proven experience in the following areas of DevOps, including continuous integration,
infrastructure and deployment automation, container concepts, and
· Work closely with our Cloud team to migrate and implement applications in our Azure
platform using Cloud computing resources
· Ability to work within the systems development life cycle (Scrum / Agile project
· Expected to be available for night and weekend, off-hour activities.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or 3+ years’ related experience.
Depending on assigned applications, 2 years’
experience with assigned applications and DevOps experience preferred. Demonstrated strong Microsoft
Computing infrastructure knowledge with technologies like; but not limited to;
Windows Server, Office 365, and Azure, Azure DevOps. Experience with GIT or
other modern source control tools. Expertise with DevOps automation tools and
technologies (e.g. Docker, Puppet, Jenkins, etc.) and experience administering
IIS and web application security (certificates, hardening, etc.) Experience
writing automation scripts using various tools and scripting languages (e.g.
PowerShell and/or Python)
· Possess the ability to effectively prioritize of tasks, projects, etc. in a dynamic
· Keen attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
· Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal skills (e.g., partnering,
conflict management, mentoring), with strong verbal and written communication
skills, and the ability to interact with most levels of business, technical and
· Team oriented: Comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently
and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
· Familiarity with HIPAA regulations, medical terminology, healthcare, or financial and
billing processes is a plus
Experience with Splunk, SCOM, or Synthetic monitoring tools
· Experience administering Microsoft Power Platform (Dynamics 365, PowerApps, etc)
· Experience developing in .NET Core
· Experience with Azure technologies (Azure Stack, CloudShell, ARM Templates, App Insights)