Professional, Reporting Analyst
Status: Full-time, Exempt
This role is responsible for developing reports and analysis for consumption by internal and external department customers using a variety of company data sources in support of the information requirements for the Operations Department including Claims, Member services, and Managed Care Systems areas. Presents and explains results of analyses internally and externally. Architect, design, implement, and support a platform providing secured access to large datasets. Interface with business customers and delivering complete BI solutions. Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation. Respond to high priority requests from senior business leaders. Learn and understand a broad range of MVP Health Care’s data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use. Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for secondary datasets. Create custom reports/dashboards in SSRS or Power BI, Create database stored procedures, Solicit requirements for new requests, Create and execute test cases for reporting needs, Participate in team meetings and other administrative tasks. Assist co-workers when workloads need to be adjusted. Automate manual processes from the operations department. Ability to assist with design sessions for new products the team will create. Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to regulatory compliance issues as they exist and change from time to time. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education: 4 year college degree preferred.
Minimum Experience: Experience with SQL programming language and one of the following; SSRS, Power Bi, Tableau or other Reporting Tool is required. Demonstrated understanding of relational database concepts including ability to manipulate raw data into meaningful, objective information. Experience with Power BI is preferred. Familiarity with SCRUM and other agile methodologies preferred. Demonstrated ability to respond to internal and external customers’ business questions and/or requirements with succinct, accurate and timely informatics solutions with strong emphasis on a customer centric final product. Ability to provide technical expertise in the area of business intelligence and data integration.
• Exceptional organizational, written, verbal communication and presentation skills with strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple assignments with a high level of autonomy and independence.
• Ability to adapt to a fast-pace, changing environment and to handle changing priorities and sometimes short deadlines.
• Exceptional customer-service orientation.
• Demonstrated ability to work and excel in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
Competencies and skills:
* Analytical Thinking - Breaks a complex project down into tasks and sub-tasks. Collects and analyzes data from a variety of sources when developing a solution to a problem. Thinks rationally and draws logical conclusions based on information provided. Applies and modifies complex learned concepts or methods appropriately. Identifies possible causes of events as well as the likely outcomes/consequences of actions.
* Business Acumen - Understands how businesses work. Can apply knowledge of policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization. Demonstrates the ability to think globally about a concept or issue to anticipate likely outcomes to a particular action. Applies business knowledge to real-life work scenarios. Maintains an awareness of related or competitive organizations and uses them as reference points or benchmarks to gauge performance and results.
* Communication - Provides clear, concise information to others in a variety of formats (verbal, written, electronic, etc.). Listens actively and empathetically to the views of others. Asks the appropriate questions to ensure that all relevant facts are considered before a decision is made or an action is initiated. Helps others consider new perspectives. Delivers critical information to all stakeholders/everyone involved. Seeks to clarify ambiguity. Utilizes communication technology.
* Innovation - Challenges “the way it has always been done." Supports an environment that encourages experimentation, rewards risk taking, reinforces curiosity and challenges the status quo through freedom and openness without judgment. Uses creativity to develop unique ideas, products and/or solutions. Takes reasonable risks and is not afraid to fail. Openly shares ideas and knowledge.
* Judgment - Takes action to solve problems and move situations to closure while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues. Uses reason, even when dealing with emotional topics. Weighs alternatives in terms of the impact on the customer and the company. Applies different types of decision-making strategies to fit the situation.
* Problem Solving - Acquires necessary information from both customers and systems to understand the nature of a problem. Generates creative and effective solutions. Listens to understand, clarifies customer viewpoint. Looks beyond the obvious and identifies subtle relationships among important factors. Engages in problem solving with customers. Works through ambiguity to determine correct answer. Seeks input of others to find the best solution.
- Job Family Claims/Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Headquarters Office, 625 State Street, Schenectady, New York, United States of America
- Rochester Office, 220 Alexander Street, Rochester, New York, United States of America