Director - Corporate Health & Safety
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), this position is responsible for recommending and developing procedures to improve organizational safety performance. Ultimately, the employee holding this position is responsible for working in collaboration with division Safety Managers, field VP's, to develop company wide safety standards, focusing on proactive education and accident prevention as well as supporting claims management when required.
- Develop a strategic plan to drive continuous improvement in the areas of HSE. Work with key business partners to ensure strategic alignment.
- Develop the corporate safety performance measurement program from both an external and internal perspective,
- Address corporate safety priorities and expectations; develops a framework, methodology, leverages existing tools and determines additional information that may be required to ensure safety performance measurement policies and procedures are consistent and standardized across the company, and meets legislative requirements.
- Review the current state of the business, share and implement best practices across multiple sites
- Collaborate with corporate and regional stakeholders in developing the corporate safety performance measures and KPI’s, standards and guidelines to enhance the corporate safety
- Monitor short term HSE performance and ensure appropriate actions are taken by direct team and operating units to achieve HSE business targets.
- Ongoing coaching, & development of Local Safety Managers and Coordinators across multiple sites
- Coordinate preparation and execution of internal and external audits, ensuring satisfactory results
- Participate in external HSE leadership forums to stay abreast of future trends, requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree required with focus in Sciences preferred.
- 10 years of progressive HSE experience
- Manufacturing and distribution experience
- 40% travel required
- Superior organizational, communications, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Capable of interacting with all levels of management
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and execute a strategic plan that includes measurable goals based on leading and lagging indicator performance.
- Ability to track and trend performance of multiple locations based on incident data obtained through internal tracking mechanisms.
- OSHA 30-hour training
- Familiar with ISO Standards (ISO14001)
- Familiar with NFPA Standards
- Experience with PDCA mythology, driving continuous improvement
- Results oriented, self-starter
- Ability to build relationships and professional confidence and credibility both internally and externally.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Tipo de pago Salario
- Indicador de empleo SG&A
- Se requiere desplazamiento Sí
- % de desplazamiento 30
- Nivel de formación requerido Título de licenciatura