Manager, Billing Error Disputes - Woodbury, NY or Orlando, FL
CardWorks Servicing ("CWS") is one of the largest privately-held provider of outsourcing services for bankcard-related products to banks and non-bank lenders in North America. CWS offers management expertise across the credit spectrum and supports both MasterCard and Visa accounts as well as a variety of private label debit, credit, stored value, and customer bankcards.
The Billing error manager is a key part of our management team and is responsible for the effective and successful management of the Chargeback and Representment Team Leaders. This position is responsible for overall productivity of the Billing Error and Representment teams.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring, coaching new and existing employees, planning, assigning and directing work, employee performance appraisals, addressing employee performance and corrective action plans. Develops procedures to increase the efficiency of the dispute process, Inventory management, Compliance with meeting regulatory requirements for billing error disputes. Direct and frequent Client interactions exist.
- Answers questions and assists front-line management personnel and Associates with issues regarding policies and procedures
- Manage daily staffing and workflow, and ensure adherence to department quantity and quality standards
- Utilize reporting and direct observations to keep department abreast of performance towards goals
- Review, resolve and analyze fraud/dispute cases, disclosure notification and any dispute related materials to ensure adherence to Regulations while striving towards the highest recovery and customer satisfaction.
- Review daily reports and complete miscellaneous claim monitoring tasks.
- Handle escalated dispute claims to ensure prompt resolution.
- Provide performance analysis to implement action plan strategies to improve overall performance
- Acts as a primary interface and facilitator between upper management and front-line managers for achieving corporate goals and executing corporate initiatives
- Provides positive and negative feedback to front-line management personnel and associates based on quality, productivity and attendance
- Managing projects and activities that will help prevent disputes upstream.
- Client interactions such as but not limited to telephone, face to face, due diligence, written communications etc.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or its equivalent experience required
Strong understanding of Service Levels and staffing management.
5 years of related credit, banking, customer service or collections management experience preferred
Must possess strong systems skills; solid collection, analytical and negotiating skills and a solid knowledge of collection laws
Maintain a thorough working knowledge of Regulation E and Z, as well as Visa and MasterCard dispute guidelines and an in-depth knowledge of best practices.
Develop familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations, as they relate to disputed transactions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Keyboarding proficiency
- Familiarity with Windows based computer applications
- Skilled in negotiating, including the ability to persuade and modify opinions to reach goals
- Mathematical, analytical and decision making skills are vital to success
- Ability to work under pressure; flexibility and willingness to work at a rapid pace
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to compose simple correspondence
- Ability to communicate with others and to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with essential job functions
- Ability to multi-task is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer. CardWorks will do a thorough background check for all hires. This includes a review of your personal credit history, drug testing, background check, and employment/personal references. A good credit history is important.
- Job Family Security
- Pay Type Salary
- CardWorks Servicing, 101 Crossways Park Drive West, Woodbury, New York, United States of America
- CardWorks Servicing, 9200 SouthPark Center Loop, Orlando, Florida, United States of America